For Bachelor Programmes :
Maximum age: 23 years as on 1st October, 2012 i.e. born on or after 1st October, 1989 subject to following qualifications:
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – Design – B.Des. (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programme – Technology Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech.)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education (Engineering background). For Master Programmes : Age – No age limit
Eligibility for Master Programme – Design M.Des (Master of Design)
- Undergraduate Degree from any institute / university recognized by law in India
- Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only. (Design Space is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the basic skills and theories for successful completion of the programme. M.Des. would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of Master programme. The programme provides an option to students to earn final semester credits through ‘Course Work’ or ‘Dissertation’).
Eligibility for Master Programme – Management M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)
- Undergraduate Degree from any Institute / University recognised by law in India. or • Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Eligibility for Master Programme – Technology M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
- B.F.Tech. from NIFT
- B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognised by law in India.
1. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided:
- (a) That they produce a proof of having acquired minimum prescribed qualifications at the time of counselling/admission. or
- (b) If the 12th class/final year/final semester (as the case may be) result of qualifying degree/certificate examination is not declared by the concerned Board/University till the date of counselling/admission, his/her admission in that case will be strictly provisional subject to the following conditions:
- (i) Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- in the prescribed Proforma (please see Annexure –II) is submitted. In case the candidate is minor i.e. below 18 years of age, the affidavit shall be signed by his/her parent/guardian. Candidates/ parent /guardians may note that submission of false affidavit is a punishable offence;
- (ii) The candidate will submit the final result of qualifying degree/certificate providing his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2013 to their Centre Director / Jt. Director where the admission has been granted.
- (iii) In case the candidate fails to submit his/her final result of qualifying degree in the manner as prescribed at (ii) above to prove his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2013, whatsoever the reason may be, his/her admission will be treated as null and void (cancelled) and entire fee will be forfeited. Any exception will be as per decision of DG on a case to case basis.
- (iv) The Centre Director / Jt. Director will be responsible to ensure that the eligibility of all students meet prescribed qualification for admission specially incase of provisional students. The provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled if the candidate fails to submit result in time i.e. 30th September, 2013.
- (v) Those candidates who are seeking provisional admission due to non-declaration of their final year/final semester/12th class (please see Annexure -II) will provide proof of having passed all papers in all the previous years /semesters of qualifying degree examination (whichever relevant).
- (vi) The candidates will also bring the datesheet /admit card/ principal’s certificate as proof of having appeared in the qualifying exam.
- (vii) Candidates who have appeared for compartment/ Supplementary examination(s) in the 12th standard or final semester/ final year of graduation and the result of the same is not declared by the time of counseling/ admission, such candidates will be considered for admission as per para 1 (b) (ii) above, for the academic session 2013-14.
2. Any candidate who has not appeared for the qualifying exam before the date of counselling/ admission to NIFT, will not be eligible.
3. It is further clarified that provisional admission will be considered only in such cases where the result of Final year/semester of the qualifying degree has not been declared by the concerned Board/University in its totality. In case the result has been declared by the concerned Board/ University but it has not been declared in a specific case, for any reason, such cases will NOT be considered under provisional admission category.