Do you belong to Local Candidate for Reservation in State-wide Universities of Telangana State w.r.t A.P. Reorganization Act and Presidential Order 371?

If you are applying for Admissions into various colleges of State-Wide Universities in Telanaga State, you’ll require to know the below rules:

Reservation in Statewide Universities (as per Presidential Order 371 Article D in consonance to Section 95 of the A.P. Reorganization Act, 2014 ( Lr. No: 1959/TE/A2/20152,dated 29042015):


The admissions to 85% of the total available seats shall be reserved for the Local Candidates (Osmania University area, TS) and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be unreserved (these seats can be filled with both States Telangana and Andhra Pradesh students based on merit) as specified in the Presidential Order 371 Article D in consonance to Section 95 of the
A.P. Reorganization Act, 2014.

(A) Local Areas Means

The part of the State comprising the districts of Adilabad, Hyderabad (including twin cities), RangaReddy, Karimanagar, Khammam, Medak, Mahboobnagar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad and Warangal shall be regarded as the L ocal Area for the purpose of admission to the O smania University, the Kakatiya University, Telangana University, Mahatma Gandhi University, Palamuru University and to any other educational institutions (other than a statewide university or statewide educational institution)
which is subject to the control of the State Government and situated in that part.

 

(B). Local Candidate means:
  1. A candidate for admission shall be regarded as a L ocal Candidate in relation to a local area (Osmaina University Area, Telangana State).
    1. If he/she has studied in an educational Institution or educational institutions in such local area for a period of not less than four consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or first appeared in the relevant qualifying examination, as the case may be, ( see Annexure II ) or
    2. Where, during the whole or any part of the four consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or, as the case may be, first appeared for the relevant qualifying examination, he/she has not studied in any educational Institutions, if he/she has resided in that local area for a period of not less than four years immediately preceding the date of commencement of the relevant qualifying examination in which he/she appeared or first appeared, as the case may be ( see Annexure – III ) .
  2. A candidate for admission to the Course who is not regarded as local candidate under clause (A) above, in relation to any local area shall,
    1. If he/she has studied in educational Institutions in the State for a period of not less than seven consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or first appeared for the relevant qualifying examination, as the case may be, be regarded as a local candidate in relation to,
      1. Such local area where he/she has studied for the maximum period out of said period of seven years, or
      2. Where the period of his/her study in two or more local areas is equal, such local area, where he/she has studied last in such equal periods. ( see Annexure – II )
    2. If, during the whole or any part of seven consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or first appeared for the relevant qualifying examination, as the case may be, he/she has not studied in the educational institutions in any local area, but has resided in the state during the whole of the said period of seven years, be regarded as a local candidate in relation to,
      1. Such local area where he/she has resided for the maximum period out of the said period of seven years, or
      2. Where the period of his/her residences in two or more local areas are equal, such local area where he/she has resided last in such equal periods. ( see Annexure – III )

 

 

 

Here is the complete: Letter from Government of Telangana & Rule of Reservation for Admission as per the Presidential Order 1974 used by Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies – Basar

You can download the PDF from here as well: